На информационном ресурсе применяются рекомендательные технологии (информационные технологии предоставления информации на основе сбора, систематизации и анализа сведений, относящихся к предпочтениям пользователей сети "Интернет", находящихся на территории Российской Федерации)

EarsPawsTail

151 подписчик

Craziest Things Pets Ever Eaten

A dog who swallowed 26 golf balls has been named the winner of a competition to find the most bizarre things pets have eaten.

One-year-old Doberman Zeus, who lives in Lisbon, Ohio, scooped the top prize in the 10th annual 'They Ate What?!' contest.

The U.S. based-awards saw animals across America eat everything from T-Rex toys to teddy bears.

An x-ray from one-year-old Doberman Zeus showing the 26 golf balls that were lodged inside his stomach 
 

An x-ray from one-year-old Doberman Zeus showing the 26 golf balls that were lodged inside his stomach 

The golf balls once they had been surgically removed from Zeus after he swallowed them all in one go 

The golf balls once they had been surgically removed from Zeus after he swallowed them all in one go 

Now Doberman Zeus, has won a competition run across the U.S. to find the most bizarre things that pets have eaten

Now Doberman Zeus, has won a competition run across the U.S. to find the most bizarre things that pets have eaten

An x-ray showing the fishing pole inside a puppy's stomach. It was runner-up in the 'They Ate What?!' competition 
 

An x-ray showing the fishing pole inside a puppy's stomach. It was runner-up in the 'They Ate What?!' competition 

The stray Labrador puppy who was taken to a vet in Oklahoma, where it was found he had swallowed a fishing pole 
 

The stray Labrador puppy who was taken to a vet in Oklahoma, where it was found he had swallowed a fishing pole 

In third place, six-month-old Labrador Retriever Avery was found to have eaten a door hinge, pictured in the x-ray 

In third place, six-month-old Labrador Retriever Avery was found to have eaten a door hinge, pictured in the x-ray 

But the sheer number of golf balls swallowed by Zeus led judges to give him first place.

In second place was a stray Labrador who gobbled up a fishing pole while a 10-week old Labrador puppy Avery from North Carolina, who swallowed a door hinge came third.

Other commended pets were a cat who ate 30 hair bobbles, a Labrador retriever who swallowed three fishing weights and an Australian shepherd who ingested 18 buttons and almost an entire woman's belt.

Marilyn Iturri, editor of Veterinary Practice News who run the awards, said the competition had been going for the past 10 years - and although it was a US event she'd love to see entries from around the world.

After Yogi a one-year-old cat felt unwell, his owners took him to vets who discovered a mass in his stomach 

After Yogi a one-year-old cat felt unwell, his owners took him to vets who discovered a mass in his stomach 

When they operated they found 30 hair ties inside the domestic shorthaired cat's stomach that had to be removed 
 

When they operated they found 30 hair ties inside the domestic shorthaired cat's stomach that had to be removed 

An x-ray showing  three fishing weights inside the stomach of the Labrador retriever after he swallowed them
 

An x-ray showing  three fishing weights inside the stomach of the Labrador retriever after he swallowed them

The three eight ounce fishing weights were then removed by vets at the Boulevard Vetinary Clinic in Oregon 
 

The three eight ounce fishing weights were then removed by vets at the Boulevard Vetinary Clinic in Oregon 

X-rays, revealed that a pet lizard had a plastic object which was stuck in its stomach and making it unwell 
 

X-rays, revealed that a pet lizard had a plastic object which was stuck in its stomach and making it unwell 

When vets operatated on Beaugard, a five-year-old pet tegu monitor lizard in Louisiana, they found a King Kong toy 
 

When vets operatated on Beaugard, a five-year-old pet tegu monitor lizard in Louisiana, they found a King Kong toy 

She explained: 'We'd love to see any unusual radiographs they may have taken. 

'But contest rules vary so much by state here in the US, that I don't think we're up to meeting the regulations of other countries as well in terms of awarding prizes. It's annoyingly complicated.

'But we'd be happy to have them compete for bragging rights.'

Thankfully, most pets survived consuming even the most unusual meals although some did sadly die.

An x-ray clearly revealed that a spoon was lodged inside a mixed-breed dog taken to a vet surgery in Utah 

An x-ray clearly revealed that a spoon was lodged inside a mixed-breed dog taken to a vet surgery in Utah 

After an operation, surgeons removed the small teaspoon that had been swallowed by the mixed breed pet  

After an operation, surgeons removed the small teaspoon that had been swallowed by the mixed breed pet  

An x-ray from Samson, a five-month-old puggle puppy from Nebraska showing something stuck in his stomach 

An x-ray from Samson, a five-month-old puggle puppy from Nebraska showing something stuck in his stomach 

It was later revealed that the family pet had decided to eat these plastic spiders that had been used as Halloween decorations  
 

It was later revealed that the family pet had decided to eat these plastic spiders that had been used as Halloween decorations  

Vets were puzzled when eight-year-old the x-rays of eight-year-old border collie Ace, showed up abnormalities 
 

Vets were puzzled when eight-year-old the x-rays of eight-year-old border collie Ace, showed up abnormalities 

It was later revealed that the dog had in fact ate these three small frog and two small duck ornaments  

It was later revealed that the dog had in fact ate these three small frog and two small duck ornaments  

Among them was a cat, which was only discovered to have died when a vet x-rayed an ill snake and found the car's collar in the snake's stomach.

But Ms Iturri added that as well as well as the competition being fun, there was also an important message about protecting pets.

She said: 'The message is stressed by contest sponsor Trupanion: If you think your pet has eaten something it shouldn't have, take him to the veterinarian right away.

An x-ray of seven-month labradoodle Olive clearly showed the outline of a a T-Rex dinosaur toy she had ingested 

An x-ray of seven-month labradoodle Olive clearly showed the outline of a a T-Rex dinosaur toy she had ingested 

The toy Olive chewed and swallowed was eventually removed and wrapped in plastic ready to be thrown away  

The toy Olive chewed and swallowed was eventually removed and wrapped in plastic ready to be thrown away  

Vets were worried when a huge mass showed up in the stomach of a 92 pound boxer from Wisconsin 

Vets were worried when a huge mass showed up in the stomach of a 92 pound boxer from Wisconsin 

However, it was discovered after surgery that he had swallowed a massive lump of glue that was removed 
 

However, it was discovered after surgery that he had swallowed a massive lump of glue that was removed 

'Don't wait, don't consult Dr. Google - just go. Not everything will work its way out of a pet's system, and the farther along an object gets, the more costly it is to remove and the more likely it is to do harm.

'Some things, like the coins eaten by a cat in one X-ray this year, can cause poisoning and kill an animal. The sooner you get the pet to a vet, the more likely the animal is to survive.

'The other message for pet owners is to consider getting pet health insurance. That way you don't have to worry whether you can afford the surgery.'

 



source 

Картина дня

наверх